By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- • Know the EU and UK regulatory framework underpinning the safe management of hazardous waste
- • Understand the different hazardous waste categories and criteria for assigning waste streams
- • Understand the College management and arrangements for laboratory hazardous waste
- • Be able to apply the knowledge gained into writing / implementing laboratory protocols / risk assessments for safe management of hazardous waste
- Suitability: Staff (technical, research, portering, estates) and postgraduates responsible for managing laboratory hazardous waste.
Provided by: Health and Safety