QMUL CPD Booking System
In order to view scheduled training beyond August please adapt end date (automatically set to 31/08).
If you need to create an account please do so by using your QM work email address, as opposed to a personal one.
If your account is already linked to a personal email address we kindly ask you to update this to your QM work email address. Contact
if you require any help with this.
IT002 - SharePoint Site Owner
Please be aware that this is a follow on training session to the End User (IT001) training.
This course cannot be taken without taking the End User training.
SharePoint is a secure software to store, organise, share, and access Queen Mary information from almost any device. The tool enables collaboration and sharing within QM and with external partners.
OneDrive is the Microsoft cloud service that provides users with personal storage for their data.
Due to the events surrounding the Coronavirus pandemic, this has become an online training. The importance of being able to share and access Queen Mary information remotely in a secure way has been highlighted by the Coronavirus pandemic.
The training covers what users are expected to know in order to enable them to setup SharePoint sites.
Training agenda and workbooks will be sent out to you prior to the online training.
To complete the online training, please ensure:
• That your workspace has suitable broadband capacity to complete the training
• You can access remote tool hardware/software and access and the QMUL SharePoint and OneDrive Training Paper
• You have a suitable device to work from, a laptop or personal computer. Tablets are not advised for this training.
• You are undisturbed for the period of the training, as stated above. Regular breaks will be built into the training timetable.
If you have any further specific queries on SPOD training please email Jack Hanson firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning Goals for Site Owner Training:
Permissions – learners will be able to:
• Explain the difference between roles: owners, contributors, read only
• Add, remove and modify permissions
• Modify ‘granular’ permissions to: folders, documents and specific people
Document Library Management - learners will be able to:
• Modify views (columns, groupings) and demonstrate how to manipulate them
• Add and use Metadata – embellishing libraries with relevant information
Page and Content Management - learners will be able to:
• Create and edit content pages
• Locate and describe available webparts
• Add, remove and amend webparts
• Describe the basic principles for creating compelling page layouts
Site Creation – learners will be able to:
• Create new Team and Project sites
Navigation and Site Usage - learners will be able to:
• Modify the navigation links on the site
• View site usage statistics
Date: Tuesday 28 July 2020
Venue: Online, Online, Online
Time: 13:00 - 16:00
Mr F SP - External
Return to Course List